Monday, February 15, 2010

Sandwiches, Scouts, and the Sovereignty of God

The kids and I had a great time in Jackson on the weekend of the 7th. God, in His sovereignty gave me a great time to reconnect with old friends and to share a little about what God is doing in our lives. I am always astounded at how God works things so perfectly.
Our purpose in going to Jackson was to speak at Covenant Pres. and Trinity Pres. Both of these churches have had a major impact on my life. I had an opportunity to share with a Sunday School class and the missions committee at Covenant as well as a Missions Prayer Time at Trinity. It was really good to be back at both churches and to see so many loved ones. It even happened to be National Scouting Day at Covenant where I attained Eagle Scout almost fifteen years ago. The Missions Committee really rolled out the red carpet for me by providing lunch and an opportunity to share with them everything that God has been doing to lead us to Peru. After sharing with the saints at Trinity Pres. and being prayed for by them, I was off to my parents to watch the Saints crush the Colts in the Super Bowl. Prefect ending to a wonderful weekend.
I am continually amazed at God's goodness and sovereign control over all of our goings and comings! I am confident that He will bring us to Peru when the time is right. He has worked and is working to provide for our needs. Praise be to God!

MRL

No comments:

Post a Comment